LCK® side-stream separation system
LCK® separation system is designed for simultaneous removal of solid and liquid particles, as well as hydrates and slugs from natural gas.
- In high-pressure systems (up to 250 bar).
- At extremely high temperatures (up to 750°C).
- In severe corrosive media.
- Within wide range of operation parameters (flow velocity from 0,6 to 24 m/s, and system pressure from 6 to 250 bar).
- At severe contamination of gas flow (up to 2,5 kg/s of dust and 3600 l/s of liquid).
- In self-ignition and toxic media.
- In case of limited space and need of retrofitting.
- At lacking manpower.
- At remote locations.
- In working space ventilation systems at plants (removal of tungsten carbide welding smoke).
- As a pre-filter before a fine filtration system.
LCK® side-stream separation system work principle is based on gradual gas streaming through two stages of separation - LCK® side-stream separator and liquid separation section for removal of both solids and liquids, of through only LCK® side-stream separator (without separation of liquids) if such is required. From a design point of view, LCK® is a compact system consisting of two tube-like separators connected via flange joint. The system can be supplied in horizontal or vertical modification. As for the sump vessel, it can be designed as a single tank with skinning baffle inside or as two separate tanks, for collection of solids and liquids respectively.
Major process parameters
Separation of solids and liquids particles from gas flow:
- from 1 micron and more - 98%
- from 5 micron and more – 98,5%
- from 10 micron and more – 99%
Filtration efficiency of LCK® side-stream separation system is comparable with cartridge filters with integrated coalescing section.
It is necessary to point out that filtration efficiency remains at relatively high level – 90% and more - even at low flow velocities (about 2 m/s).